One thing i didnt know about drug testing and Anabolic Steriods is that there are over 100 different types! There is also 500 designer steroids that have altered compounds which cant be detected on a drug test. This amazes me because i thought a drug test could catch anything. Im willing to bet there are tons of baseball players that are on something, especially if there is hundreds of types, most of which cant even be detected! How can something like this be solved?
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Performance-Enhancing Substances
The topic of steroids came up in class and this is one of my favorites. I knew people in High School and College who took Steroids. They say the initial use of steriods in High School is 39%! I watched what it did, i saw how they reacted, and how their performance was better. Personally, i have been clean and natural all my life. Ive never been one to take supplement and drink shakes. At my High School we had mandatory Drug Testing for any after school activity. Whether it was football, the band, the chess club, or if you drove to school, you were required to take a mandatory test in August before school started and were then entered into a random poll that would pick names every week to get tested. I didnt mind this so much because i had nothing to hide. I never drank in High School, wasnt taking anything or smoking anything. I could care less. I knew people who were affected by this. Kids quit playing their sport because of testing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have played sports since I was four and have been weightlifting for almost 12 years. I too have seen what steroids do to people and have many friends that still use them. Steroids actually are very complicated and scientific. In the same breath if taking correctly will do little harm to your body if all precautions are taking. But like everything steroids effect everyone differently. It is also true that there are substances that normal drug tests cannot identify. Also there are substances that can remove all steroid traces within about 48 hours. Therefore I am sure there are so many steroids in pro sports, just not baseball but every sport.
ReplyDelete